Saturday 8 November 2014

Justice.

I have noticed that I tend to be quite intolerant when it comes down to talk about things I have seen with my own eyes in previous lives. I mean... especially when my interlocutor is someone who doesn’t remember past lives and therefore they don’t know how past life memories feel, how real and present past life emotions are, how talking about them hurts more than anyone can say. You think they will understand better if you choose a real example of your own past life memories, and then you expose yourself, showing the world how evil you were in the past, or how much you went through. Long ago I learned it isn’t worth doing it... at least not if they don’t have memories of their own. They seem to think it’s all an invention, maybe they think you are mistaken or a liar, but the funniest thing is they will believe much easier someone who claims to have done a thousand regressions to his patients and he is sure karma is a universal law. Of course, it sounds more “spiritual” to say you have learned your lessons than saying you were a murderer and you don’t understand yet why you had to die for your crimes. And hey, my life is not perfect but it’s not bad, I’ve had a lot of fun!

So, you thought maybe it would do good to them, but at the end you gain nothing, so you come to the conclusion it’s better not to talk. Let them talk, let them chatter, let them be blind to the truth, let them tell everyone you’re a really close-minded person... Let them think reincarnation is just a game.

Well, the day after a second argument about karma, this time in Spanish and in my own forum (proving there’s not much of a difference really between continents, here we’re talking of human behavior), I had some new memories coming to me. I guess this is because karma deals with justice, and I know that justice is an important topic for me, though I don’t have a lot of details. I do know I once was an Arabian judge and I studied a lot about Laws, but I can’t say much more. The other life where I was closely related to justice was as a praetorian guard somewhere in the Roman Empire. It’s still quite dark too, but coincidence or not, I got clearer memories after that argument. Maybe is that the reason I’m so opposed to any “universal” system of punishment and reward? Because I do know it’s anything but just, and I also know good and evil are only human concepts, so the idea of a “Universe” stalking you to make you pay or bring you beautiful presents depending on how good or bad you are, is plainly absurd. But go on and tell people just that... I feel that most of them are not ready to hear anything like this, so I’d better keep quiet and only whisper in this discrete blog, or I might get hanged... again.


I was an executor of the Law. And probably this is also the reason why I loved so much Eddard Stark's attitude in the book Song of Ice and Fire. Men making laws should be also the ones executing the sentence. I was not so lucky to do both. In my case the rules were written on a parchment and my only duty was to make sure people got what they supposedly deserved, that is: to receive a number of whips, to lose their tongues, fingers, hands or any other part of their bodies the Law determined, according to the size of their crimes, to be sent to a work camp, to be publicly humiliated, or, in the best of cases some would say it would be the worst, from my perspective it was the best to die. I’ll spare you the different methods of execution.

I was taught to do it from a very young age. But due to my position at the time, in these memories I only had to make sure others did a good job. That didn’t mean I could choose not to be there and witness how these men and women (and children) were punished. A punishment I often considered disproportionate, but my position was not high enough to disobey orders or tell anyone the Law was unjust and should be changed. After all, I had my own house and family to provide for.

People love to trivialize about everything, and that includes justice. Somehow I’ve always known that being a judge is one of the most complicated professions in the world... well, maybe only if you want to be a good judge and be fair. A wrong decision can make you a murderer... alright, call it homicide if you prefer, but you are killing someone anyway for whatever reason, which too often is not too clear. I also know this because I’ve been unfairly judged (obviously this is a biased opinion) in at least a couple of occasions. Justice is like trying to stand on a tight rope, it is a delicate balance too easy to break, and when you do you irremediably fall into the abyss, becoming a criminal just like those you sent to the gallows time and time again, just because a paper said so. Only, people rarely see this. They assume a judge is honest and fair just because he is wearing a black robe and a white wig. People assume all kind of things, and they get angry if you say they’re blind.

So, yes. Tell me again someone who died in the Holocaust is because they did something wrong in the past and they deserve it or they need to learn a lesson. Tell me about how the Universe plans this kind of things so that we all get what we deserve. Tell me who decides what you deserve saying that. I was a judge and I don’t know, that’s for sure. Probably not a tongue being cut off. But surely you deserve something like this:



No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to leave a comment, unless it is offensive. These won't be published. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...